Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday, October 1st, 2009

Happy October! Despite the heat today, I can feel fall coming!

Today we had a good day. We continued with our dot projects. We also read the interactive read-aloud story, "Jennifer Bing, Why Don't You Sing?". This story was about a little girl who had a family full of musical people. She herself wasn't musical. Every time they would sing together, Jennifer would go outside. She then started twirling and leaping. She soon discovered that she could move and that the music told her what to do. Her family finally saw her dance. They all realized she was musical. But Jennifer wasn't musical because she was singing or playing a instrument, she was musical with her whole body! We also talked about how this is a fiction story.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I had a family friend, Dr. Lou, pass away yesterday. He holds a very special place in my heart and he will be terribly missed. Please pray for his family and mine. I will be attending his funeral on Tuesday. It will be in New Jersey though. I won't be at school Tuesday or Wednesday. I am sorry that I have to be gone again, I wish it was under different circumstances. Mrs. Rand will be the sub for those two days. Thank you so much for your understanding.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Ms. Wallace. Hope you have a safe trip. Thank you for updating us.

    ReplyDelete